Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Guidelines
Welcome to General Shafter School District
For school year 2023-2024, children entering Transitional Kindergarten must be 4 years old before September 1, 2023, and toilet trained prior to entering school.
We will not be accepting inter-district students for the Transitional Kindergarten Program.
Please read the information below and follow the links at the bottom of the page for the online registration forms.
For parent/guardian to receive a Transitional Kindergarten registration packet (in person) they must bring the following documents. If the parent/guardian is registering their child online, they must provide the following documents within five (5) school days from date of receipt of the registration packet to proceed with the registration process.
All students must be enrolled by a parent, guardian or caregiver and provide the documents outlined below. Should you require additional assistance or information please contact the school office.
Proof of Residency
Please provide evidence of residency by providing two (2) of the items listed:
- Current utility service contract, payment receipts, or statements
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Property tax payment receipts
- Pay stubs with address
Throughout the year there will be random checks for verification of address. Any falsification or misrepresentation of Proof of Residence will result in revocation of enrollment in the General Shafter School District, transfer to the school of legal residence, and referral to the District Attorney’s office for appropriate action. Parents/guardians must notify the school of any change in address.
Proof of Age
- Birth certificate
- Parent/legal guardian’s driver’s license
Proof of Immunizations
- All students must present an up-to-date immunization record prior to attending school.
- Immunization requirements for school entry:
- Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus (DPT) – 5 doses
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella (chickenpox) – 2 doses
- Polio- 4 doses
Transitional Kindergarten Physical
- For school year 2023-2024, the physical exam must be completed on or after February 16 of the year of expected Transitional Kindergarten enrollment.
- California law requires each child to have a health examination report for school entry. This report consists of a health examination and an up-to-date immunization record. The Report of Health Examination for School Entry must be completed by a health examiner.
Oral Health Assessment (Dental Exam)
- Oral Health Assessment (dental examination) by a licensed California dental health professional is required for children entering public school for the first time.
Additional Enrollment Information
- If your child is currently receiving special education services, please provide a copy of his/her most current IEP at the time of enrollment.
- If your child has a current 504 plan, please notify school personnel at the time of enrollment.
- If you have custody or restraining order information that the school should be aware of, you must provide current documentation for consideration.
- If your child has a medical condition or takes medication during the school day, please complete a Request for Special Consideration during School Hours form.
Transitional Kindergarten Registration Forms- English
Transitional Kindergarten Registration Forms- Spanish
Oral Health Assessment Form- English & Spanish
Health Exam- English & Spanish
Who to contact:
For information regarding registration contact Brittany Harer at email@example.com. For help with online forms contact Melissa Salazar at 661-837-1931 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.